By Sabah Siddiqui
Religion and Psychoanalysis in India questions the assumptions of a longtime medical, evidence-based worldwide psychological future health paradigm by means of analyzing the practices of faith-based therapeutic. It proposes that people reveal a twin loyalty: to technology as religion and religion as technology, either one of which get reconfigured within the technique. during this specific context, technology and religion are deployed in ways in which will not be merely varied yet every now and then opposite to mainstream discourses of technology and faith, and religion therapeutic turns into some degree the place those discourses collide head-on in negotiating cultural values and practices. The publication addresses key questions, such as:
- What is the price of 'faith therapeutic' in figuring out misery and remedy in several cultural contexts?
- What is a severe mental point of view on religion and spiritual systems?
- What demanding situations do replacement spiritual practices pose to severe psychology?
- How should still we re-imagine scientific paintings in a context marked by way of technology and religion?
Situated among 'West' and 'East', among the worldwide psychological healthiness circulation and native faith-based practices in India, the booklet addresses a large viewers that comes with scholars and researchers in psychology, cultural and scientific anthropology, the sociology of faith, cultural idea, postcolonial idea, and the sociology of technological know-how. it is going to additionally entice policy-makers and practitioners drawn to the paintings of NGOs and the felony frameworks using psychological well-being routine in India.
Read Online or Download Religion and Psychoanalysis in India: Critical Clinical Practice (Concepts for Critical Psychology) PDF
Best mental health books
During periods of main issue and trauma, in addition to transition—beginning or finishing a dating, dealing with ailment, altering jobs, leaving domestic, facing loss —dreams could be a worthwhile source for challenge fixing. Make shrewdpermanent judgements in the course of those serious instances with the sensible and fascinating perception of DREAM knowledge.
A brand new commonplace, NonCognitive Psychotherapy¾advancing temper administration by way of Russell Hoover, approved Psychologist, explains either the necessity for a brand new method of psychotherapy in addition to its software to quite a lot of mental problems together with panic assaults, compulsive drug use, melancholy, and tension similar issues.
Our imaginative and prescient Awaits Us within the Pit in the course of the evening Season! a suite of brief stories.
First released in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Eating Disorders in Sport
- The Psychology of Sexual Victimization: A Handbook
- From Guilt to Shame: Auschwitz and After (20/21)
- Theological Handbook on Emotions
- A Dented Image: Journeys of Recovery from Subarachnoid Haemorrhage
- The Mindfulness Workbook for OCD: A Guide to Overcoming Obsessions and Compulsions Using Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbooks)
Extra info for Religion and Psychoanalysis in India: Critical Clinical Practice (Concepts for Critical Psychology)
Religion and Psychoanalysis in India: Critical Clinical Practice (Concepts for Critical Psychology) by Sabah Siddiqui