By Carolyn Ambler Walter PhD PhD LCSW,Judith McCoyd L. M. PhD LCSW QCSW
Praise for the 1st Edition:
"[This publication] represents an important develop since it appears to be like on the matters from a bio-psychosocial viewpoint. To a social employee who has labored more often than not in a clinical and nursing setting, it is a nice step forward."
"[Offers] valued sensitivities, wisdom, and insights, and most significantly, age-appropriate interventions for a number major losses....Counselors probably want to maintain this quintessential paintings shut at hand."
-Kenneth J. Doka, PhD, writer, Counseling people with Life-Threatening Illness
This distinctive textual content for undergraduate and masterís point social paintings and counseling classes on loss, grief, and bereavement is special through its biopsychosocial standpoint and developmental framework. The e-book addresses grieving styles and intervention suggestions in accordance with the existence trajectory and gives medical intervention instruments and techniques for coping in keeping with the developmental degree of someone. It contains losses past loss of life loss, with targeted specialize in losses with regards to maturational improvement. the second one variation displays new examine that has clarified and underscored the worth of theories tested within the first editionóparticularly within the components of persisted bonds, disenfranchised grief, and ambiguous grief. It describes how grieving is motivated through organic responses to emphasize, mental responses to loss, and social norms and help networks.
The moment version comprises major new info on trauma and resilience and addresses using mindfulness practices with grief and loss. It makes a speciality of the altering function of know-how together with expressions of grief and loss in social media and public boards. up to date info is supplied relating to hospice and palliative care, , besides housing matters in getting older. a totally new bankruptcy examines grief and loss counseling with rising adults, and alterations within the DSM five are lined in addition. extra new good points contain bankruptcy ambitions, dialogue questions, an instructorís handbook, PowerPoint slides, and up-to-date resources.
New to the second one Edition:
- New info on trauma and resilience
- Using mindfulness practices with grief and loss
- Updated concept and empirical findings
- The altering function of know-how in grief
- Expressions of grief and loss in social media and public forums
- Transitions because of monetary and overall healthiness changes
- Changes within the DSM 5
- New bankruptcy on rising adults (ages 18-25)
- Instructorís handbook and PowerPoint slides
- New details on hospice, palliative care and aging
- Housing concerns in aging/disability
- New details on concerns dealing with younger and older US veterans and families
- Updated resources
- Chapter targets and dialogue questions
- Uses a developmental framework for grief and loss
- Incorporates notions of loss past demise, together with distinct maturational losses
- Integrates new grief theories with empirical findings and intervention techniques
- Utilizes neurobiological and organic info inside a counseling text
- Focuses on non-pathologizing ways to disappointment, loss, and grief
Read or Download Grief and Loss Across the Lifespan, Second Edition: A Biopsychosocial Perspective PDF
Similar death & grief books
"This booklet fruitfully serves these trying to practice Ernest Beckerís rules psychotherapeutically, in person counseling or in workforce remedy. A capstone to Robert Firestoneís 50 years of labor in psychotherapy, psychoanalysis and psychiatry and to the varied books written through those authors, Firestone and Catlett convey tips to observe the topics and implications of the tips of Ernest Becker in daily life.
Grief is a solitary street. whether we're lucky sufficient to have humans along us through the trip, (as i've got been), nobody can relatively shuttle the entire means with us. Our ache and our course are as person because the dating we proportion with the individual we’ve misplaced. whilst my father died unexpectedly again in September of 2013, i started doing what I constantly do: i began writing.
Sign up for Jane as she searches for her lacking jewel. The glossy, colourful, worthy jewel is particularly targeted to her, yet she can’t appear to locate it anyplace. Will Jane locate her jewel, or will or not it's misplaced forever?
Having wounded his father with a hurtful letter whilst he used to be twenty-three, Tom Couser felt a bit answerable for his later psychological cave in. whilst his father died, Tom chanced on own records that exposed elements of his father’s lifetime of which Tom had recognized not anything. Too traumatized to grieve safely, less to probe his father’s complex heritage, Tom boxed the files and saved them—for over thirty years.
- Grief Diaries: Hello From Heaven
- Grief Works: Stories of Life, Death and Surviving
- Grief Expressed When a Mate Dies
- Walls and Headspace
- Is Daddy Coming Back in a Minute?: Explaining (sudden) death in words very young children can understand
- On Living: Dancing More, Working Less and Other Last Thoughts
Extra info for Grief and Loss Across the Lifespan, Second Edition: A Biopsychosocial Perspective
Grief and Loss Across the Lifespan, Second Edition: A Biopsychosocial Perspective by Carolyn Ambler Walter PhD PhD LCSW,Judith McCoyd L. M. PhD LCSW QCSW