By Kristen A. Hite,John L. Seitz
Now reorganized and up-to-date all through, the 5th version of this well-regarded introductory worldwide concerns textual content keeps to mirror an important elements of an more and more globalized world.
- Reorganized into extra available chapters larger suited for semester-long classes, with new sections masking improvement, weather switch, pollutants, and governance
- The merely survey-level textual content within the box to unite the views of geography, political technological know-how, sociology, ecology, diplomacy, economics, and improvement studies
- Moves past the overseas to be actually international in concentration, with assurance of issues resembling wealth and poverty, inhabitants, foodstuff, strength, usual assets, and technology
- Incorporates new case reports and examples, together with the Fukushima nuclear catastrophe, the consequences of fixing water provide on migration, ordinary gasoline fracking, and shrewdpermanent grid technology
- Offers a dynamic and obtainable narrative with many student-friendly good points, akin to bankruptcy bins, a thesaurus of phrases, publications to extra studying, media and web resources
become aware of updated comparable information articles for uplifting dialogue and examine at https://www.facebook.com/GlobalIssuesHiteSeitz.
Read or Download Global Issues: An Introduction PDF
Best globalisation books
The realm alternate association (WTO) is surely one among our major tools of globalization, the debate that is whipped up through this association is arguably normally attributable to the secret which surrounds it. The foreign exchange method seeks to take away the clouds of bewilderment that circle the multilateral advertisement approach via basically describing and explaining the methods, conventions and ideas round which global exchange capabilities.
Cosmopolitan Borders makes the case for procedures of bordering being higher understood during the lens of cosmopolitanism. Borders are 'cosmopolitan workshops' the place 'cultural encounters of a sophisticated variety' happen and the place entrepreneurial cosmopolitans increase new sorts of sociality within the face of 'global closure'.
Worldwide company administration unites concept, educational wisdom, and practitioner event to supply scholars, educators, and practitioners with the abilities to reach the worldwide managerial landscape.
Immigrants and minorities in Europe and the USA have answered in various how you can protection laws brought because September 11 that goals them, labeling them as threats. This ebook identifies how varied teams have spoke back and explains why, synthesizing findings within the fields of securitization, migrant integration, and migrant mobilization.
- Al Jazeera English: Global News in a Changing World (The Palgrave Macmillan Series in International Political Communication)
- Pop Culture: The Culture of Everyday Life
- San Miguel de Allende: Mexicans, Foreigners, and the Making of a World Heritage Site (The Mexican Experience)
- Globalization and Development Volume III: In search of a new development paradigm: 3
- Alternative Globalizations: An Integrative Approach to Studying Dissident Knowledge in the Global Justice Movement (Rethinking Globalizations)
Extra info for Global Issues: An Introduction
Global Issues: An Introduction by Kristen A. Hite,John L. Seitz