By John Raymaker
Read or Download Empowering Bernard Lonergan's Legacy: Toward Implementing an Ethos for Inquiry and a Global Ethics PDF
Similar buddhism books
After a quick historic survey, the doctrines of dharma and karma are mentioned and key components that seem in contrasting kinds within the religions are examined. initially released in 1963.
Ninety Meditations in ninety Days, and the pictures that captured the instant of easy mindfulness. Taken round Boston, Massachusetts, they could be a software for all to think about, meditate on, or inspire.
This ebook provides a reconsider at the value of Thai Buddhism in an more and more advanced and altering post-modern city context, in particular following the monetary predicament of 1997. Defining the cultural nature of Thai ’urbanity’; the results for local/global flows, interactions and emergent social formations, James Taylor opens up new chances in realizing the specificities of daily city lifestyles as this pertains to perceptions, conceptions and lived stories of religiosity.
Engages the worldwide ecological predicament via an intensive rethinking of what it capacity to inhabit the earth. Meditating at the paintings of yank poet and environmental activist Gary Snyder and thirteenth-century jap Zen grasp Eihei Dōgen, Jason M. Wirth attracts out insights for figuring out our relation to the planet’s ongoing ecological obstacle.
- Zen Women: Beyond Tea Ladies, Iron Maidens, and Macho Masters
- Novice to Master: An Ongoing Lesson in the Extent of My Own Stupidity
- The Enlightened Gene: Biology, Buddhism, and the Convergence that Explains the World
- Discipline and Debate: The Language of Violence in a Tibetan Buddhist Monastery
- Becoming Vajrasattva: The Tantric Path of Purification
- The Light of Asia, or the Great Renunciation (Mahâbhinishkramana): Being the Life and Teaching of Gautama, Prince of India and Founder of Buddhism (as ... by an Indian Buddhist) (Routledge Revivals)
Extra info for Empowering Bernard Lonergan's Legacy: Toward Implementing an Ethos for Inquiry and a Global Ethics
Empowering Bernard Lonergan's Legacy: Toward Implementing an Ethos for Inquiry and a Global Ethics by John Raymaker