By Georgina H. Endfield
- Provides exact insights on weather and society via capitalizing on Mexico’s wealthy colonial archives
- Offers a distinct strategy by way of combining geographical and old views to be able to understand modern matters over weather change
- Considers 3 case research areas in Mexico with very varied cultural, monetary, and environmental characteristics
Read or Download Climate and Society in Colonial Mexico: A Study in Vulnerability (RGS-IBG Book Series) PDF
Similar human geography books
Julia Adeney Thomas turns the idea that of nature right into a strong analytical lens in which to view eastern modernity, bringing the examine of either jap background and political modernity to a brand new point of readability. She indicates that nature inevitably capabilities as a political thought and that altering rules of nature's political authority have been important in the course of Japan's transformation from a semifeudal global to an industrializing colonial empire.
Lately our international has obvious variations of all types: severe weather switch observed via major climate extremes; lethal tsunamis brought on by submarine earthquakes; unheard of terrorist assaults; high priced wars in Iraq and Afghanistan; a bad and missed clash in Equatorial Africa costing hundreds of thousands of lives; an financial predicament threatening the steadiness of the overseas approach.
This can be the booklet of the broadcast publication and should now not comprise any media, web site entry codes, or print supplementations which may come packaged with the certain ebook. Authored by way of finished city geographers and GIS specialists, Exploring the city neighborhood: A GIS method leverages the trendy geographer’s toolset, using the newest GIS technique to the research of city geography.
Roads and the robust experience of mobility that they promise hold us backward and forward among the sweeping narratives of globalisation, and the categorical, tangible materialities of specific instances and locations. certainly, even though roads could, via comparability with the glowing agility of digital applied sciences, seem to be grounded in 20th century business political economic system they can arguably be taken because the paradigmatic fabric infrastructure of the twenty-first century, assisting either the knowledge society (in the ever expanding circulate of commoditized items and labour), and the extractive economies of constructing international locations which the construction and copy of such items and labour relies.
- Housing Policy and Economic Power: The Political Economy of Owner Occupation
- Endangerment, Biodiversity and Culture (Routledge Environmental Humanities)
- Government Intervention and Suburban Sprawl: The Case for Market Urbanism
- Zur kommunikativen Konstruktion von Räumen: Theoretische Konzepte und empirische Analysen (Theorie und Praxis der Diskursforschung) (German Edition)
Extra info for Climate and Society in Colonial Mexico: A Study in Vulnerability (RGS-IBG Book Series)
Climate and Society in Colonial Mexico: A Study in Vulnerability (RGS-IBG Book Series) by Georgina H. Endfield