By Peter Feldmeier
Read or Download Christianity Looks East: Comparing the Spiritualities of John of the Cross and Buddhaghosa PDF
Similar buddhism books
After a short old survey, the doctrines of dharma and karma are mentioned and key components that seem in contrasting varieties within the religions are examined. initially released in 1963.
Ninety Meditations in ninety Days, and the photographs that captured the instant of straightforward mindfulness. Taken round Boston, Massachusetts, they could be a device for all to think about, meditate on, or inspire.
This ebook offers a reconsider at the value of Thai Buddhism in an more and more complicated and altering post-modern city context, specially following the monetary problem of 1997. Defining the cultural nature of Thai ’urbanity’; the consequences for local/global flows, interactions and emergent social formations, James Taylor opens up new probabilities in realizing the specificities of daily city existence as this pertains to perceptions, conceptions and lived studies of religiosity.
Engages the worldwide ecological concern via a thorough rethinking of what it capacity to inhabit the earth. Meditating at the paintings of yank poet and environmental activist Gary Snyder and thirteenth-century eastern Zen grasp Eihei Dōgen, Jason M. Wirth attracts out insights for realizing our relation to the planet’s ongoing ecological quandary.
- Mountain Mandalas: Shugendo in Kyushu (Bloomsbury Shinto Studies)
- Tantric Buddhist Practice in India: Vil?savajra’s commentary on the Mañju?r?-n?masa?g?ti (Routledge Studies in Tantric Traditions)
- The Buddha's Teachings on Social and Communal Harmony: An Anthology of Discourses from the Pali Canon (The Teachings of the Buddha)
- Taking the Result as the Path: Core Teachings of the Sakya Lamdre Tradition (Library of Tibetan Classics)
- The Record of Linji (Nanzan Library of Asian Religion and Culture)
- Zen Skin, Zen Marrow: Will the Real Zen Buddhism Please Stand Up?
Extra info for Christianity Looks East: Comparing the Spiritualities of John of the Cross and Buddhaghosa
Christianity Looks East: Comparing the Spiritualities of John of the Cross and Buddhaghosa by Peter Feldmeier