By Rick Doblin Phd.,Rick Phd. Doblin,Brad Burge,Albert Hoffman,Ram Dass,Sasha Shulgin
that includes essays and interviews with Timothy Leary, Aldous Huxley, Ram Dass, Albert Hofmann, Alexander (Sasha) Shulgin, Daniel Pinchbeck, Tim Robbins, Arne Naess, and digital musician Simon Posford, in addition to groundbreaking learn and private debts, this unique anthology is a "best of" selection of articles and essays released by way of the Multidisciplinary organization for Psychedelic stories (MAPS). subject matters comprise the therapeutic use of marijuana and psychedelics--including MDMA, ibogaine, LSD, and ayahuasca--for PTSD, anxiousness, melancholy, and drug habit, in addition to optimistic results of those components within the realm of the humanities, relations, spirituality, ecology, and technology.
between many different thought-provoking and mind-opening items are the following:
• "On Leary and medication on the End," via Carol Rosen and Vicki Marshall
• "Psychedelic Rites of Passage," via Ram Dass
• "To Be learn on the Funeral," via Albert Hofmann
• "Another eco-friendly global: Psychedelics and Ecology," through Daniel Pinchbeck
• "Psychedelics and Species Connectedness," via Stanley Krippner, PhD
• "Huxley on medicines and Creativity," through Aldous Huxley
• "Psychedelics and the Deep Ecology circulation: a talk with Arne Naess," by way of Mark A. Schroll, PhD, and David Rothenberg
• "Psychedelic Sensibility," via Tom Robbins
• "Electronic track and Psychedelics: An Interview with Simon Posford of Shpongle," via David Jay Brown
• "How Psychedelics proficient My intercourse lifestyles and intercourse Work," via Annie Sprinkle
• "Consideration of Ayahuasca for the therapy of Posttraumatic rigidity Disorder," by means of Jessica Nielson, PhD, and Julie Megler, MSN, NP-BC
• "Psychedelics and severe Sports," via James Oroc
• "Youth and Entheogens: a contemporary ceremony of Passage?," via Andrei Foldes with Amba, Eric Johnson, et al.
• "Diary of an MDMA Subject," through Anonymous
• "Dimethyltryptamine: attainable Endogenous Ligand of the Sigma-1 Receptor?," through Adam L. Halberstadt
• "Lessons from Psychedelic Therapy," via Richard Yensen, PhD
• "Psychosomatic medication, Psychoneuroimmunology, and Psychedelics," via Ana Maqueda
• "Talking with Ann and Sasha Shulgin concerning the life of God and the Pleasures of intercourse and Drugs," by way of Jon Hanna and Silvia Thyssen
From the exchange Paperback edition.