By John Pickles,Adrian Smith,Robert Begg,Milan Bucek,Poli Roukova,Rudolf P?stor
- Proposes a brand new theorization of worldwide price chains as a part of a conjunctural monetary geography
- Develops a suite of conceptual and theoretical arguments in regards to the neighborhood embeddedness of worldwide production
- Draws on longitudinal empirical learn from over two decades within the Bulgarian and Slovakian clothing industries
- Makes an incredible intervention into the talk over the industrial geographies of ecu integration and ecu enlargement
Read or Download Articulations of Capital: Global Production Networks and Regional Transformations (RGS-IBG Book Series) PDF
Best human geography books
Julia Adeney Thomas turns the concept that of nature right into a robust analytical lens in which to view eastern modernity, bringing the research of either jap background and political modernity to a brand new point of readability. She exhibits that nature inevitably features as a political proposal and that altering principles of nature's political authority have been significant in the course of Japan's transformation from a semifeudal international to an industrializing colonial empire.
Lately our international has obvious modifications of all types: severe weather switch observed by way of major climate extremes; lethal tsunamis brought on by submarine earthquakes; remarkable terrorist assaults; high priced wars in Iraq and Afghanistan; a poor and missed clash in Equatorial Africa costing hundreds of thousands of lives; an financial main issue threatening the steadiness of the foreign approach.
This is often the book of the broadcast e-book and will no longer comprise any media, web site entry codes, or print vitamins which can come packaged with the certain publication. Authored by means of entire city geographers and GIS specialists, Exploring the city group: A GIS method leverages the fashionable geographer’s toolset, utilising the most recent GIS method to the research of city geography.
Roads and the strong experience of mobility that they promise hold us backward and forward among the sweeping narratives of globalisation, and the explicit, tangible materialities of specific occasions and locations. certainly, although roads may well, by way of comparability with the glowing agility of digital applied sciences, seem to be grounded in 20th century business political economic climate they can arguably be taken because the paradigmatic fabric infrastructure of the twenty-first century, assisting either the data society (in the ever expanding stream of commoditized items and labour), and the extractive economies of constructing nations which the construction and copy of such items and labour relies.
- Human Landscapes in Classical Antiquity: Environment and Culture (Leicester-Nottingham Studies in Ancient Society)
- Large Dams in Asia: Contested Environments between Technological Hydroscapes and Social Resistance (Advances in Asian Human-Environmental Research)
- Environmental Politics and Liberation in Contemporary Africa (Environment & Policy)
- Integrated Models in Geography (Routledge Revivals)
- Fear: Critical Geopolitics and Everyday Life (Re-materialising Cultural Geography)
- Contemporary Perspectives on Art and International Development (Routledge Studies in Culture and Development)
Extra info for Articulations of Capital: Global Production Networks and Regional Transformations (RGS-IBG Book Series)
Articulations of Capital: Global Production Networks and Regional Transformations (RGS-IBG Book Series) by John Pickles,Adrian Smith,Robert Begg,Milan Bucek,Poli Roukova,Rudolf P?stor