By Peter E. Knox
- Features greater than 30 newly commissioned chapters by means of famous students writing of their components of specialization
- Illuminates a variety of features of Ovid's paintings, equivalent to creation, style, and style
- Presents interpretive essays on key poems and collections of poems
- Includes certain discussions of Ovid's fundamental literary affects and his reception in English literature
- Provides a chronology of key literary and old occasions in the course of Ovid's lifetime
Read or Download A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar other books
The idea of Poker by way of David Sklansky discusses theoriesand innovations appropriate to just about each edition of the game,including five-card draw (high), seven-card stud, carry 'em, lowballdraw, and razz (seven-card lowball stud). This ebook introduces you tothe primary Theorem of Poker, its implications, and the way it shouldaffect your play.
The flicks that society has termed pornographic were with us for over a century now. but past a handful of scholarly tracts and a a number of glancing references in sure Hollywood histories, there's no glossy heritage of the topic on hand. that includes unique interviews, descriptions of over three hundred motion pictures and written in a conversational variety, Black and White and Blue fills that void.
Robbie Havisham has a distinct reward, a present which he needs to defend. while Robbie's grandfather dies, the Havishams inherit a mysterious mansion. quickly Robbie and his sister Lucy, become aware of one in all their grandfather's experiments. a tool designed to break nightmares. whilst Lucy tampers with the computing device she units a sequence of terrifying occasions in movement.
- Regional Varieties of British English: Scottish Standard English
- I Don't Do That Anymore
- Sofia's Rainbow
- The Big Ship
- Elements of Witchcraft: Natural Magick for Teens
Extra resources for A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Peter E. Knox